Thursday, January 24, 2008

Reality TV: The More Thing Change

What valuable lessons did I learn from reality TV? I learned that the more things changed, the more they remain the same.

Ricky on Project Runway finally hit his stride and created a fabulous, tailored dress that actually looked well made and well put together, like the lingerie designer he is supposed to be. Christian put together another tailored, goofy ensemble that the judges raved over, but he did not win. Can you tell I was heartbroken (NOT!)? I love Chris March, but sweetie, when Tim Gunn tells you to do something, SNAP TO IT! DO IT! This is about winning a competition, not about you and your ego.

I watched a bit of the Bad Girls' Club, but I swear I didn't take in much of it. How many shots of Jennavecia peeing in the kitchen sink must I be forced to watch? How many more times will Tanishia pop off, son? How much bigger of a ho will Cordelia behave? How many more excuses for herself will Lyric make? I'll catch these tasteless, classless heifers in reruns.


I also learned that Celebrity Rehab has some unlikely fans -- MY PARENTS! They are especially touched by Jeff Conway, who smuggled cocaine into rehab in a wad of bills, then jumped in Daniel Baldwin's face when he confronted him. I tell ya, the world gets stranger and stranger...

So kids: do what you do best like Ricky. Except when your best is peeing in a sink.

2 comments:

David Dust said...

"Bizarro Ricky" won!

Click here for DavidDust's Project Runway recap.

Righteous Babe said...

Yes, and he was so emotional about it... I think the judges feel for him, but like they reminded him, the rollercoaster does not stop....