Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jennavecia the Pimp

What lesson did I learn this week in reality TV?


I believe a common theme to all was that it's not always all about you. And if it is, it really shouldn't be that way sometimes.

Miss New York got a big surprise when her mother was on stage swapping spit with one of the contestants from I Love New York 2. I didn't think he was all that cute, but Sister Patterson has apparently scooped him up like butter. New York looked surprised for about a hot minute before running offstage, then running back on again. It should have come as no surprise to anyone that Sister Patterson was a cougar. And trust me, I could watch Sister Patterson and Champion much easier than I could watch New York (or anybody, for that matter) with Flavor Flav. Yuck!

On the Bad Girls' Club, Jennavecia the Pimp brings home another boy for Cordelia to drool over, only this time she takes this one home. As Cordelia says, "I know I'm engaged, but if a hot guy or girl pays attention to me, I can't help but flirt back." Gee, where have I heard that one before? They must write it up in the Ho Handbook and pass it out on the stroll. Anyhow, considering her status and the huge fight that she got into with Tanishia this morning over her skankitude, you would think that blatantly cheating on her fiance would be the last thing Cordelia would want to do, especially on national television. But Cordelia is apparently lacking in any kind of sense, and a fight between her and the Hyena Sisters ensues. After her date has been scared away, she picks yet another fight. And whom does she call for tea and sympathy once the fight is over? Her fiance! Although by the sound of things, he's getting sick of her and her it's-all-about-me attitude. It's a good thing she found this show because at least we'll know who she is when they find her body in a gutter somewhere. This girl has some serious issues and makes some horribly bad choices.

Last night's Project Runway was mostly a success. Our boy Christian did a credible job of making a decent dress with an obnoxious model. I loved Kevin, but he had to go. That dress was terrible, and even though it was a halter, she did look ma-ma-ish in it. His hem not only looked bad, but it was too short. He should have paid attention to the fact that his client was 17. I didn't think Sweet P's dress was all that; there was something about the fit at the waist that didn't feel right. My favorite, hands down, was Chris' dress. It was badass. The combination of the fabric and the color made it look sleek, stylish, and sexy. I did not like Victorya's dress. It was too short on such a long girl, and those multicolored beads glued on top would have been better served by plain rhinestones as an accent, or in a small pattern. (Listen to me! I sound like I know what I am talking about).

Lessons learned, chickadees?

1. There is room for one more diva at VH-1. What's next, I Love Sister Patterson?
2. Some people will do anything for attention, even if it is negative attention.
3. There is no room in a competition for both you and your ego. Somebody's gonna have to swallow hard and get in the back seat.

No comments: